scotch33

Nov 20, 2008
I am having problems with a particular site - documents are loaded into the databasec rather than as files (its a file repository).

At the moment, if users try to upload more than a meg the system throws its toys.

I have researched and believe the problem to be max_allowed_packet in mysql and thus need to edit this in the config. Is there a way to edit the mysql config and change this from WHM?

If there is, where is it?

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I am having problems with a particular site - documents are loaded into the databasec rather than as files (its a file repository).

At the moment, if users try to upload more than a meg the system throws its toys.

I have researched and believe the problem to be max_allowed_packet in mysql and thus need to edit this in the config. Is there a way to edit the mysql config and change this from WHM?

If there is, where is it?
I believe WHM does not have any feature to tweak mysql conf. You can do it from shell. Here is the syntax.

[email protected] [~]# cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=xyzM

xyz is any numeric value you want to set for this variable. Do not forget to restart mysql service after making this change.