The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring notification e-mail destinations

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by keithl, Jan 22, 2010.

1. keithl

keithl Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Having finally getting outbound e-mail working on our new cPanel installation (external firewall issue rather than cPanel), I've received the mass of notifications following all the testing I've been doing, eg user creations, user modifications, failed service tests etc, which is cool.

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to configure this in a more granular way? Eg, is there a way to configure where each type of alert is sent, rather than just sending every single alert to one address? What I'm thinking in particular is that it would be useful to be able to send the alerts indicating a problem with the server (services, configuration etc) to one address (so I know something is wrong and needs resolving), while sending the alerts regarding new user creations, adjustments etc to a different address for reference / auditing purposes.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure this is exactly what you're hoping for, but in your WHM type in Contacts in the search box, top left corner. Click Contact Manager in result. Here you can change priority of notices and there's a few options of where they go.

3. keithl

keithl Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Not quite what I was looking for (which is probably why I didn't find it), but it should do the job, thanks. Not sure how the ICQ and AIM alerts are handled in reality, but since the Pager alert accepts e-mail addresses it effectively gives me two options for where to send the e-mail messages.

Obviously it still limits me to a maximum of two destinations, but that's better than nothing, and at least means I can separate account notifications from system notifications.

Thanks for your help.