The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring Squirrel Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Computerbob, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Computerbob

Computerbob Active Member

I looking to configure Squirrel mail with our login and URL links. I used the squirrel mail config.php and edit it manually. That didn't work. I then tried perl conf.pl and configured it that way.

When I access squirrel mail it never show the logo or any of the changes I have made. I'm configuring the files in /home/sqmail. Is it somewhere else I don't know about.

Does Cpanel have a hidden config file somewhere I need to configure instead.

Thanks in advance if anyone know or has any input on how one would do this.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mmkassem

mmkassem Well-Known Member

What exactly are you trying to change?

I do not understand what you mean by "with our login and URL links"

Are you sure you are trying to login from the correct URL and not from cpanel ports 2082/2083/2095/2096 ?

cPanel has no control on the squirrel mail installed in:
    /home/sqmail

3. Computerbob

Sorry this has nothing to do with login, it was a typo on my part. We want to change the logo on the squirre mail login screen. We what to brand the squirre mail.

When I or a user goes to http://domain.com/2095 the logo for the web mail programs appear NeroMail and Squirrel Mail. I want to change the logo. When a user logins to Squirrel mail it works fine. But in the upper right corner the is a link to the Squirrel Mail Web site. I want to change that to our web site.

I understand to do this you run the perl config.pl and make changes. In the folder /home/sqmail there is a file called "configure" and it calls the perl config.pl and works just fine. THis has no effect on the Squirrel mail program at all.

There is what look like a complete install of squirrel mail in another directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail.

In the config directory there is no config.pl the config directory. So you have to config it manually.

So after many hours of testing and testing this is what I had to do to make this work. So to solve my problem I had to do the following.

User the stuff in the /home/sqmail/config to configure the squirrel mail settings. Then copy the /home/sqmail/config/config.php to the /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php.

Then copy the our logo.gif from the /home/sqmail/images directory to the same directory in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/images.

Now the branding of the Squirrel Mail is done.

Now there are only two problems left.

When you go to http://domain.com/webmail or "2095" it still shows the Squirrel Mail logo. I need to change that.

Second it now requires two login to get to mail.

Has anyone done the branding of Web Mail?
    Any insite on the double login.

Bob

4. mmkassem

The logo in webmail/ is not related to config.php

It's a picture that cPanel puts ..
    check its location and replace it with the picture you want.

5. Computerbob

Yes that worked. It turns our that on the page for accessing the web mail

http://domain.com/webmail or 2095, all the logo on this page are in one directory.

/usr/local/cpanel/base/neomail/
    Nero logo is neomail.gif
    Horda logo is horde-color.gif
    Squirrelmail logo is sm_logo.jpg.

Changing there files worked for the web mail login page.

The double login issue I also solved.

Don't run the perl config.pl squirrel config program. Since you can't run it in the CPanel directly you have to edit the file config.php in /home/sqmail/config/ directory. I was very careful in what I changed. Just changed the stuff for branding and it now works find, without asking for double login.

Later I will compare the files and see what exactly is different.

6. mmkassem

Sure you should not run the config.pl file in this folder (they already removed it so you do not run it)