matthicksphoto

Registered
Jan 18, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello all,

I'm not especially literate in web design, so I find cPanel confusing at times, despite having my own site for 3 years.

Basically, I'm trying to get my girlfriend's site on the same host as mine, but I don't understand exactly what to do. We need to have two separate domains, mydomain.com and, for example, herdomain.com, as opposed to herdomain.mydomain.com.

Is this possible without getting her her own hosting service?

Thanks in advance!

ozzieonline

Dec 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't know if your host allows more than 1 domain on your hosting package, but what you should do is point your girlfriend's domain at the same IP address as your domain. You can then add her domain as an add-on domain. It will be reachable by herdomain.mydomain.com and herdomain.com (if you are a bit technical you can prevent her site to be reached by herdomain.mydomain.com). But first of all you should ask your hosting company if it is possible to share more than 1 domain on your hosting package. If this is possible then register your girlfriend's domain and have it point to the correct IP address.

(if you rent or setup a vps (virtual private server) you can host more domains on the same package)