The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paquitro, Sep 18, 2009.

1. paquitro

paquitro Registered

Hello,

I'm a bit confused. Basically I'm creating a website in Joomla and, when I roll over certain links in the website, the path I can read from the status bar of the browser are something like

newtreedesign.com/theregentbar.co.uk/index.php?option=com_user&view=reset

I'm a reseller and I use cPanel to manage my server quota. newtreedesign.com is the main domain, the one I use for my own website and there should be a series of other domains hosted in the same space. The problem is that I'm not sure if the client's domains figure as newtreedesign.com subdomains or if they are properly set as domains.

The cPanel stats tell me that there are 5 (the number of clients) addon domains, but it also tells me that there are 5 subdomains. If I check the subdomains in the proper section I see my 5 clients listed in the format

clientXX.newtreedesign.com

with a document root

(home icon)/public_html/clientXX.com

Basically I've all my clients folders named clientXX.com, clientYY.com etc. within my www folder.

Is this a good set up?
    Can I delete the subdomains without affecting the overall clients' websites?
    Why when I roll over those links I mentioned earlier I see the path being newtreedesign.com/theregentbar.co.uk/index.php?option=com_user&view=reset ?

Any help would be really appreciated

thanks
    paolo

#1 paquitro, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Help with url in forgot password

Hello,

I am sorry to see that you are having an issue. So just to make sure I am understanding correctly you do not want the url to show as it does in the status bar when you mouse over them? We would need to take a closer look, please submit a ticket via the link at the bottom of this post. This will allow us a closer look at this issue. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Who ever you got your reseller hosting from should be able to help you with explaining this.

As for the path in your Joomla, that sounds like an issue with your Joomla configuration. Or, the way you've created your directory structure in /public_html/

Add an addon domain, you get a subdomain. One and the same, basically. Delete one, you'll delete both. So no, do not delete a subdmain if it was created when the addon domain was setup. If it's a regular sub.domain you created on it's own, remove it as you created it. Same area.

Your host should be able to help a bit with these basic setup questions.

4. sanjaydagar123

There are two options.

1. Create seperate cpanel for each domain in your case 5. In that case, you will get 5 cpanel account for each domain with seperate user name and password.

2. Create one cpanel for newtreedesign.com and it should be atleast 4 addons domins as in your case for 5 domains. Login to cpanel, click on addons domains, put domain clientXX.com and give the path like /public_html/clientXX.com. Go through ftp or file manager and put the content into public_html/clientXX.com

As per above 1, the link path in web page abviously, http://yourdomainname.com/yourfilename.html

As per above 2, the link path in web page should be http://clientXX.com/yourfilename.html NOT be http://newtreedesign.com/clientXX.com/yourfilename.html