z3d3m0n

Feb 8, 2016
Prague
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Community,

hope everybody is well
when i try to connect to IMAP running on my cpanel programmatically , i can see only one folder inbox , when i use the same code to connect to IMAP to eg yahoo i see all folders , like spam , sent etc.

is there any specific option i must apply to retrieve all folders?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm not completely sure I understand the question. You're using some code to try to connect to Yahoo mail and not getting all the folders? If that's the case, I'm not a developer so I don't have any helpful thoughts, but I'll leave this marked as new for a bit so others can provide their feedback.

Reactions: z3d3m0n

z3d3m0n

Feb 8, 2016
Prague
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey @cPRex ,

thx for your response , i guess i got distracted while typing the message. i have corrected the tread. i have a simple php script that loges in the IMAP and gets all the folders , when i connect to my cPanel i see only one folder inbox and no other , while there is junk , sent etc . When i use this script on other IMAP servers such as yahoo, i get a list of all folders .

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything obviously wrong as I would expect the default folders to show up with that connection. If you'd like to make a ticket with our support team we can take a courtesy look to see if there's something up on the server side.

Reactions: z3d3m0n

Alan_Scott

Registered
Oct 28, 2022
Wolverine
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello Community,

hope everybody is well
when i try to connect to IMAP running on my cpanel programmatically , i can see only one folder inbox , when i use the same code to connect to IMAP to eg yahoo i see all folders , like spam , sent etc.

is there any specific option i must apply to retrieve all folders?

Thanks in advance ytub
When connecting to an IMAP server, you will only see folders that contain messages. If you want to see all folders, including those that are empty, you need to use the IMAP_LIST command.