The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to FTP using Apple's "Connect to Server" Feature [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dnswho, Jun 28, 2006.

1. dnswho

dnswho Well-Known Member

Although I can connect to my FTP program on my Mac just fine, I would like to connect using Finder instead seeing as all free Mac FTP programs aren't very satisfying.

When I go to connect to "ftp://yourdomain.com", I get this error:
    "The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found.
    (Error code -43)."

I was wondering if it is just my computer, so I asked a friend for his FTP information. I connected to his server just fine and was able to view and manage all of his files just fine.

Fill me in about anything I can do to fix the problem from my end.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You might want to first check what error code -43 means (with respect to Finder). That may shed some light on things.

3. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

Probably along the same lines as using windows folders, because cpanel by supports anonymous ftp - when it is switched off it simply gives the user a prompt saying its switched off, the way I got my users round it, was to deliberatly cause a login failure, for example if the user was called user@domain.com and the domain was domain.com, I get the users to type: ftp://user@domain.com into their windows folder, thus creating a login failure and then they recieve a prompt for the correct username and password, its not very eliquent and causes confusion to the lesser skilled user but I havent been able to find a way around it yet.

4. dnswho

dnswho Well-Known Member

"-43 fnfErr File not found; Folder not found; Edition container not found; Target not found"