Connection refused - connect(2) for "******" port 25

flavio20122

Registered
May 7, 2022
Madagascar
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, I just bought a cPanel hosting on which I host some websites. Everything is going well until I send emails to the domain I host on cPanel. To be precise I cannot receive emails on the domains that I have configured on cPanel but on the other hand I can send emails trough this. I encounter this error when trying to outbound email via my own Smtp to said domain "No SMTP servers were available for email*******.com, Connection refused - connect(2) for "email.**** **com" port 25. Can someone tell me what is the reason please AND how to resolve it? Thank you

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! That sounds like a common issue where your hosting provider doesn't have port 25 opened for traffic. You can use this guide to confirm the issue:

but the most likely option will be adding an additional port if your provider allows that, or having to use a third-party smarthost to send messages as outlined here:

Reactions: Spirogg

flavio20122

Registered
May 7, 2022
Madagascar
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, sorry for the late reply ? So when you talking about providers , you mean my VPS provider or the domain provider who blocked ports 25 ? Because i host email service with Contabo server and i'm able to send email to other providers like outlook/gmail/yahoo and my principal domain except my subdomain WHERE it signed with this error "No SMTP servers were available for email*******.com, Connection refused - connect(2) for "email.**** **com" port 25