The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection timed out - Cannot ping host that is responding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skymedia, Feb 12, 2004.

1. skymedia

skymedia Member

Hello,

For some reason I can ping a host, let's call it "somehost.com", from my DSL connection and from some other servers, but I cannot ping it from my cPanel box. I get "Connection timed out".

This is what my "exim_mainlog" shows when trying to send an email to "user@somehost.com" (host and IP address have been replaced):

2004-02-12 00:13:13 1Ar7FB-0007Cw-F4 somehost.com [xx.xx.xxx.xx]: Connection timed out
    2004-02-12 00:13:13 1Ar7FB-0007Cw-F4 == user@somehost.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out
    2004-02-12 00:13:13 1Ar7FB-0007Cw-F4 ** user@somehost.com: retry timeout exceeded

Does anyone have a similar problem? I did not find anything related on these forums.

Thank you,

Adrian.

2. mvhost

mvhost Active Member

Hi, help-me, (Connection timed out problem)

How did you correct this problem?

Thanks!

Fernando Freitas

3. skymedia

skymedia Member

Fernando,

Just called at the hosting company I was not able to ping one of their servers, and they unblocked my IP address.

They have a curious way to gain market, they block other hosting companies IP addresses :)

Saludos,

Adrian