Connection timed out Error code 522

babar.waheed

Registered
Oct 25, 2022
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I got LightSail cPanel instance. I have trial at the moment but want to make sure everything is the way I want before buying the license.

Everything is looking good except I can't access my emails via cPanel. I added my domain to CloudFlare. 54.79.. is the IP of the LightSail. Main domain is still pointing to the old shared cPanel where I want to move from.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.29.42 pm.png

For testing I have a spare domain, I added that account on my WHM. I then updated the DNS for my spare domain to point to my LightSail Server. Its working fine. I can login, create db, create email however, when I access the WebMail It says Connection Time out. Please help!!

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.37.33 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.42.41 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.42.19 pm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rbairwell

May 28, 2022
Mansfield, Nottingham, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you go to https://<ip address>:2096/ can you reach the webmail interface then?
I assume the "Check Email" link is taking you to a URL first with the port 2083 and then changing to 2096 on the cp.... hostname?

I take it you've checked the server firewall to ensure that nothing is being blocked from accessing port 2096 on your server?

As @cPRex suggested, it'll be worth testing again with the "Proxied" setting in Cloudflare disabled (click on the icon to turn it to grey: or set your domain to "Development mode").

Cloudflare were having a partial outage yesterday which caused some requests to fail with a 530 status code, but you are getting a 522 so it might not be connected.