The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection timed out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by czerdrill, Mar 2, 2011.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Well-Known Member

I have the full backup script that I set to run with cron. This morning I saw a message in the error log that said:

PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mydomain.com:2082 (Connection timed out) in /home/user/cpanel_backup.php on line 36

Line 36 is: $socket = fsockopen($url,$port); $url is my domain, $port is 2082. I've used it before on another server and it worked fine, so I'm just wondering if this is a temporary issue? Or if it could be something else on the hosts end that prevents a script like this from working?

#1 czerdrill, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you try running the script again to see if it is a temporary issue or not that way? If it normally runs by cron, simply have the cron run in the next 10-15 minutes again to see the results. If it fails again, then you would likely need to contact the host of the machine to inquire any changes they might have recently made to prevent the script from connecting to run the backup.

You might also consider changing to the secure cPanel port of 2083 rather than 2082, since they might be preventing non-secure connections on the machine now?

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Well-Known Member

When I try 2083, I get a server not found error. I will try re running the cron again later tonight to see if it was just a temporary issue...