The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Timeout Issues On Static Pages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpaneln00b, May 25, 2010.

1. cpaneln00b

cpaneln00b Registered

Last night my server was working completely fine, today it has stopped working.

90% of the time my sites all say Connection Timeout, 10% of the time a page loads with hardly any images and extremely slowly.

The sever avg's are:
    0.11 0.03 0.01

CPU Usage under 0.05%

MySQL processes: 0.

So it doesn't appear to be under a DDOS and nothing has changed on my end to stop it from functioning correctly.

I have tried checking + optimizing all DB's, I have run "/scripts/upcp --force" from SSH. I have blocked all access to the server except my IP and still can't get my pages to load.

Would CPanel have updated last night to stop this from working somehow? I'm on an Upper Range UR26 dedicated server at Corenetworks.net running CentOS5.X with WHM and cPanel. The server is for use with my own sites, I don't have customers and I only have 1 package setup for myself which has worked perfectly for 3 months until today.

Any ideas what has happened to my server?

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Sounds like it may be a connection issue with you ISP or data center.

does it do it for everyone

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Let me go out on a limb here and take a wild guess .... :p

Are you setup to run PHP as FCGI? ;)

(Most common cause of what you just described)

Either way though, the main issue is likely going to be in your underlying apache and mysql configuration settings with particular focus as to your current connection settings and configuration.

4. cpaneln00b

cpaneln00b Registered

I apologize for the delay, got logged out and couldn't find my password anywhere!

It turns out that it was a DOS attack which is still ongoing on my server which was low level at the time from a LOT of IP's which has since increased.

At the beginning I had no firewall installed, after installing CSF I can now view my site again but my bandwidth is being eaten up badly, will leave more info in a seperate thread related to its own topic though :)