The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering cPanel over Plesk - a couple of questions....

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by isdoo, May 26, 2011.

1. isdoo

isdoo Active Member

Hi,

Currently using Plesk 9.x and looking perhaps to upgrade to Plesk 10. However am also considering cpanel.

1) What is the spam and antivirus options like on cpanel? Are there any client options?
    2) Are there any backup options for clients?

Essentially it is going to cost me a month's duplicate server with Liquidweb if I am going to move (or however long it takes), so I need to ensure that I am making the correct choice as it is not a simple move.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello isdoo,

I've moved your thread to the migrations forum for better assistance from our Migration Team analysts.

For your current questions:

1) What is the spam and antivirus options like on cpanel? Are there any client options?

We have SpamAssassin available in WHM > Tweak Settings to configure for users, which would then allow those users to enable SpamAssassin in their cPanel accounts. SpamAssassin provides filtering options along with a Spam Box for spam emails.

For antivirus, we provide clamavconnector that can be enabled in WHM > Manage Plugins area. This will add an area in cPanel for virus scanning. You could also automate clamscan by having a cron periodically run on the machine after enabling clamavconnector

2) Are there any backup options for clients?

There is an option in cPanel called Backups that will allow users to make full backups on their account or send them using FTP to a server. There is also an area in WHM > Backups where you can configure server-wide backups on the machine.

Additionally, I did want to note that we provide a migration service that you could look into via our ticket system if you have full root access on the Plesk machine. You could submit a ticket using the link in my signature to ask any questions you might have. Otherwise, we are certainly happy to handle any questions you might have here on the forum.

Thanks!