The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering moving back from Windows 2003

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nexthost, May 2, 2005.

1. nexthost

nexthost Active Member

I migrated from Cpanel/RHE3 to Plesk/Windows 2003 awhile back.

Unfortunately, i desperately need support for PHP5 (at the least) due to a CRITICAL rewrite upgrade to an application i paid quite a large sum for. :eek:

If cpanel can get it's act together faster than plesk, then maybe i'll migrate back (hopefully permanently this time).

2. hostricity

hostricity Active Member

How about this?

If you have root access then you can setup multiple reseller accounts and to a limited extent, each can have it own configuration.

So, I wonder if you can run php5 for one reseller account and php 4 for the other reseller accounnt.

I do know you can have a different php.ini setup and different modules in each reseller account. So, you may be able to run php 4 and php 5 in this manner.

Geoff

3. nexthost

nexthost Active Member

So is PHP5 supported on cpanel for me to do this?

This will be on a dedicated server, so all i need is PHP5 installed (unless PHP5 conflicts with invisionboard which i will have to check). But as far as cpanel, if i just to a clean install of:

RHE4
    PHP5
    Mysql 4.1

The only other concern would be to find a compatible mail server (since i am using smartermail on my windows box).

Also, does anyone know the migration path from plesk (windows) to cpanel (RHE4)? does it work smoothly? mailboxes, all data, etc?

#3 nexthost, May 3, 2005
    Last edited: May 3, 2005
  4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can install PHP5 with cPanel, but it's currently in beta, or "TESTING" as it appears in the apache/php build procedure.