The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consolidating Two WHM Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave.aiello, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dave.aiello

dave.aiello Member

Hi:

If you have two separate accounts at the WHM level, with DomainA.com in one account and DomainB.com in the other, what's the best way to consolidate them so that DomainA.com and DomainB.com are in the same account?

Thanks,

--Dave Aiello

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As in domainb.com being changed to an addon domain or a parked domain, or no domainb.com at all, just move all files and folders for the account? I suppose it would depend on the domainb.com account and all it has going on. You'd have to do this manually I would think.

3. dave.aiello

dave.aiello Member

I can give a more concrete scenario. DomainA.com is replacing DomainB.com's web presence, but they are currently separate WHM accounts and no longer need to be because DomainB.com's website is being deprecated.

I guess that makes DomainB.com an add on domain for DomainA.com's WHM account.

All DomainB.com URLs will be forwarded to some part of the DomainA.com website and all email addresses for DomainB.com will either forward to a corresponding DomainA.com address or bounce with a custom message.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'll want to do a Full Account backup from domainB's cPanel and download it. Unpack that backup locally to be sure everything is there. Next log into WHM as the owner of that cPanel account'd user, whether its reseller or root login, and kill the account. That'll remove it from the system. DomainB's nameservers still point to your server. Login to DomainA as that user, not reseller or root, and create the addon domain.

You should now have a new directory for this addon domain that you can manually upload the contents of domainB's public_html/ to the addon domains public_html/ from that backup.

At this point you should have both domains on the one account.

Next, in DomainA cPanel, you can recreate your email accounts if needed, or, simply add forwarders for the old email addresses to point where you like.