The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contact Email not Set Up

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by danielj, Mar 13, 2004.

1. danielj

danielj Member

Hi

I recently went through the cpanel upgrade, all went well.
    Now, when i log into my individual accounts Cpanel i see
    the following message in red:

No contact email has been set. You will be unable to recieve notifications or reset your password if you do not set a contact email address.

All the individual accounts have an email contact already set up??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. ddeans

ddeans Well-Known Member

Click on the link to update your information make sure the e-mail is filled in and then click 'ok' or whatever is there. even if something is there, make cPanel happy and submit it again.

3. aidinet

aidinet Registered

hi

i have seen the same message, and i set the contact e-mail, and i reseve a message that the email has been set. but i stel receve the message No contact email has been set...

4. Gideon

Gideon Registered

Contact Email

Should this contact email address be your normal email address or should it be a unique address?

Also, whats the difference between a 'default email address' and this 'contact email address?' Can they be the same?

#4 Gideon, Jun 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  5. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

Default email address is the main email account for the domain name.

Contact email address is where you receive cPanel messages ( example: Bandwidth at 80% warning ) also the contact email address should be an email address that is not located on the local server.

6. Gideon

Gideon Registered

Eh?

Eh?? You may need to treat me as dumb :confused: All my email addresses are variations of my domain name. What do you do to get one that is not located on the local server?

7. __arjun__

__arjun__ Guest

Code:
     also the contact email address should be an email address that is not located on the local server.
    This is not necessary. contact email address can be any email address.
    Did you check a file named .contactemail in your home?
    Usually contactemail is written in that file.

8. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

I try to use off site emails for the contact address because it gives you a better chance of contacting the user in the case that the server is down ( I keep a cached shot of the contact emails for my clients; just incase I need to contact them ). Lets say your server goes down, all your clients are using their own domain name that is on the server, you send out mail to the list of clients that you have, not all email will be delivered ( because the server is down ); clients may then complian stating they have not even been contacted.

It is basically a redundant strategy I use to ensure I can always contact my clients. Most of my clients use an email address provided by their ISP.