Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Contact form errors issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by notarocketscientist, Feb 12, 2018.

1. notarocketscientist

notarocketscientist Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have spent a few days trying to get a recaptcha contact form working on one of my websites. I am really close and cannot seem to figure out why the form never sends and the send button stays stuck and displays "sending". So I checked my error logs and get the following 2 errors:

Code:
    [Mon Feb 12 09:57:21.205979 2018] [cgid:error] [pid 3465:tid 140259035641600] [client xxxxxxx] AH01271: exec used but not allowed in /home/mysite/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.mysite.com/formtester/test.html

[Mon Feb 12 09:57:21.204242 2018] [:error] [pid 3465:tid 140259035641600] [client xxxxxxx] SoftException in Application.cpp:388: UID of script "/home/mysite/public_html/formtester/html_form_send.php" is smaller than min_uid, referer: http://www.mysite.com/formtester/test.html
    I have tried various free contact forms and have tried to use my own with a borrowed php file and 4 out of 5 give me both error messages but one of them only gives me the top error message. How do I fix "exec used but not allowed" error?? And also how do I fix the second error?
    html_form_send.php" is smaller than min_uid
    Thanks,
    NARS

2. notarocketscientist

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well I found some related posts with the same error messages and tried the switches in the Apache config and it didn't fix it. But I did learn you can lock your own self out of your whole site while experimenting. Whew! That was scary. Anyhow, I am looking at a php tester now and there are errors in the code supposedly so now I need to figure out how to get smart in php. The weird part is that I tried about 12 different contact forms from various sources and have the same problem with them all. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.
    Thanks,
    NARS

3. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your first error may indicate you have IncludesNOEXEC incorrectly set in WHM > Service Configuration > Apache Configuration > Global Configuration and a server error state is calling the 500.shtml file that may contain something like
    Code:
    <!--#exec cmd="./myprogram"-->
    - if you have any lines in the shtml file that look anything like
    Code:
    <!--#comment -->
    you could also try removing the # and seeing if that works.

The second error could indicate that the user:group and/or file permissions are incorrect for the html_form_send.php file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. notarocketscientist

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply. I played around in the Apache config earlier and changed a few properties to and from default but nothing I did in there fixed anything although a few things I did locked me out of my websites. :) I will look into the options you mentioned and get back to you after I do some more checking. I appreciate it.
    NARS

edit: I just checked and my 500.shtml file and it has this in it:
    Code:
    <!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->
    <!--#exec cgi="/500.php" -->

I will try what you said after I do some more snooping. :)

#4 notarocketscientist, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. notarocketscientist

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solved. I knew there was a problem with my php as nothing worked and I was getting weird error. I ran the php check version code and no matter what flags I used they all failed with an error message. I have only been a VPS user for less than a month and did not change anything that would have caused this. So after numerous calls to the host provider I finally got a smart tech support guy. :) And after showing him exactly what I was talking about he ran some BASH command and reset my permissions to default and everything in now fine thank you very much.
    Of course it would have been nice to know exactly what was wrong on how to fix just the problem, but for now I am happily learning the hard way...

#5 notarocketscientist, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I'm glad to see it's now working well. Thank you for sharing the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...