The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contact manager not working correctly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

OK...

So... If I set the pager address to receive only alerts with a priority of 1 I should expect only to receive pager messages for priority 1 alerts. Simple enough.

If I assign the email contact a priority of 2 - I would expect that email address to receive priority 1 alerts and priority 2 alerts, but the pager address, still should only receive priority 1 messages.

Why then, when I look at the "Alert Priority Assignment" section, does it show an envelope AND a pager next to the alerts that have been set priority 2 ? Surely they should only display an email icon.

2. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Still cant get this to work properly. Whichever way I configure it the emails go to the wrong place.

Maybe I missed something ?

Heres my example...

email1 = priority1 (pager)
    email2 = priority2 (email)

So email 1 will receive only priority 1 alerts and email 2 will receive alerts set to priority 1 and priority 2 ?

Is this correct ?

If so, it just doesnt work. I set account suspensions and unsuspensions to priority 2 so these should not go to the pager address but they do!

Whatever address is set to 1, either email, pager, icq etc - this address receives ALL notifications whatever priority they are set to. This totally contradicts the statement...

So am I the only one with this problem ? Its the same for all our servers.

Edit...

Theres a bunch of bugzillas on this. One going back nearly a year! IMO its not really a bug, more of a complete fu**up and its very anoyying. Who likes being woken up by their pager when an account gets suspended ? Grr

#2 4u123, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  3. aeroweb

aeroweb Well-Known Member

I am having a similar problem