The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contacts between Mail Apps

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Acadia Systems, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Acadia Systems

Acadia Systems Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've noticed recently that email contacts don't move between the 3 Mail apps any more.

We have a VPS with 54.0 build 21 installed.
    and are moving clients from an old windows server to this new CPanel.

I import their mail and then export the address book to a CSV, and import the CSV to Horde Mail. This used to then be visible in Roundcube and SquirellMail (I dont remember what version the old Cpanel reseller account we had was when this worked). but now it is not. I have to also import to Roundcube, and Squirellmail has no import function so any clients that choose to use Squirellmail have to manually move their addressbooks

Is there an easy fix for this? This has essentially doubled my work when moving clients.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Contacts are not shared between individual webmail applications, so you must manually import the contacts into each application, or restrict users to a specific webmail application. SquirrelMail does not natively offer an import/export feature, but some users report success after manually implementing this custom plugin:

Addressbook Import-Export Plugin - SquirrelMail - Webmail for Nuts

Documentation on customizing SquirrelMail is available:

How to Customize SquirrelMail - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

While it won't solve this particular issue, you may also find the CalDAV and CardDAV features helpful:

How to Set Up Calendars and Contacts - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.