The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuous WHM/cPanel updates every WHM login

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itechdev, Feb 20, 2005.

1. itechdev

itechdev Member

Hi there,

I'm having a small problem, each time I login to WHM, the WHM/cPanel update feature runs.

Is there any way to stop this?

It seems that the WHM/cPanel update feature has been interrupted previously which makes it run each time I login to WHM.

Everything is up-to-date, it is just annoying to see it every time I login to WHM.

Thanks.

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Make sure you haven't bookmarked the wrong login page, should just be https://www.domain.com:2087 ( 2086 , etc ). Also, might want to try running the following from shell to complete that upgrade ( if that is indeed the case ):
    /scripts/updatenow;/scripts/upcp --force

Run the above from shell as root.

3. itechdev

itechdev Member

Hey there Haze,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

No I have the correct page bookmarked.

Ran /scripts/updatenow and the forced /scripts/upcp update under root and the problem is still there.

Also tried a complete machine reboot without any luck.

Tried to login straight to the main page:

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2087/scripts/command?PFILE=main

and the WHM/cPanel update still cuts in.

Server is running on:

WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.0.0-R85

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

When you ran UPCP did you receive any errors ? Are there any visible errors in the update that runs when your in WHM ? Perhaps try switching to current ?

5. itechdev

itechdev Member

No there were no errors reported at all.

When the "continuous" WHM update occurs each login, it takes around 30-90 seconds and reports that everything is up-to-date without any errors.

I tried the current build, it updated without errors but the same problem is still there.

Seems like it has logged somewhere to run upcp on the next WHM login but doesn't remove when upcp successfully completes. That's why I assumed it had been cut off 1/2 way through an update previously.

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As you can recreate it, I'd suggest that you log it with cPanel if you haven't already then report back here if they have a solution for you.

7. itechdev

itechdev Member

Thanks haze and chirpy for all your help, much appreciated.

I lodged a support request with cPanel whom were very helpful and fast to respond to this issue.

Upon providing details to the support crew, I received a reply that the secure WHM area (port 2087) did not show this error. I tested myself and all seemed to be fine on the secure port, however, the insecure port (2086) still had the problem.

cPanel reported back that they could not reproduce the error on either line. I did notice that when the update occurred and finished, if I refreshed the page all was normal again. I commented that my browser cache/cookies were cleaned each time I close my browser and upon logging back in (with a clear history) the problem was still there.

This occurred in both IE 6 and Firefox.

Anyway, to cut it short, cPanel support could not find the problem, so what I did to fix this issue was:

-Closed my browser 1/2 way through the update before it could finish
    -Logged back in to see the update kick in once again
    -After the update completed (nothing was updated), I rebooted the entire system, restarted my browser and voila the problem was gone!

Still has me stumped on what was wrong, but it's fixed!

Thanks people.