The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contribution addon for cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bsasninja, Aug 11, 2005.

1. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Is there any cpanel staff member to chat with online? I want to share with you an improvement for the whm panel.

Is a simple script and modifications I did that can be added to the create account form by cpanel programmers, i think it wont take time to do add it to the cpanel core, I trust in cpanel members professionality.

Basically is designed for free hosting, I made up for my company and works perfect, this solution disables cgi-php u other rare scripts. Also it adds a banner on the top (or bottom if u like so) of your page that rotates with different banners if u wish.

Example: If a person uploads to a free hosting a php file and runs it, it automatically rejects it, saying that php is not allowed in the free hosting or u must buy a hosting plan to use it :)
    The same happens if he do the same with cgi pl c u other kind of file. (fully rejection of the cgi-bin folder if it´s avaible)

Really is very very simple, that with some modifications would became a greater add on ;)

I have other few scripts for the command line in bash also (for exim, shoutcast, etc)

You can contact me at at MSN.

Bye! ;)
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess