The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control of DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by pazza98, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pazza98

pazza98 Registered

Is it possible to fully control the DNS Zone file using a combination of cPanel and WHM. Or am I a lost cause in trying to find out how. If it is possible, can someone tell me how.

Thanks.

2. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

You can configure all DNS zones in WHM, look to the lower half of the left column there be options there for creating new/editing/deleting zone records.

3. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

If you have root simplestar's post is correct.

If you are a reseller and DNS control has not been granted by your hosting provider then DNS Zone control will not be in your WHM panel.

In that case you will have to raise a support request with your provider to have them edit your DNS Zone records.

I can't recall ever seeing DNS Zone control in the user's cPanel GUI.
    :)

#3 Izzee, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  4. pazza98

pazza98 Registered

I think I was hoping for something more. For something which is essentially a GUI, it's not very user friendly, for example, I don't think it shows you all that exists in a domain. So for example, if you needed to add a whole load of hostnames with different ip addresses, I think you would have to use another tool to check which changes you've made already.

Sorry bad example I think. Thanks for the responses.