Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Control over more than 1 site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teck, Aug 11, 2001.

1. teck

teck Well-Known Member

How would I go about giving access to someone who needs to work on more than on account? Let me explain..A webmaster control 3 domains. A main account w/ shell access is created for him, webmaster.com (/home/webmastr). He then works on 3 sits, site1.com, site2.com, site3.com (/home/site1, /home/site2....) Instead of creating 3 different shell accounts, how can his one shell get access to rwx the other sites? Can I just chgrp them to webmastr or something?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:c56a6ee68d]How would I go about giving access to someone who needs to work on more than on account? Let me explain..A webmaster control 3 domains. A main account w/ shell access is created for him, webmaster.com (/home/webmastr). He then works on 3 sits, site1.com, site2.com, site3.com (/home/site1, /home/site2....) Instead of creating 3 different shell accounts, how can his one shell get access to rwx the other sites? Can I just chgrp them to webmastr or something? [/quote:c56a6ee68d]

Cpanel is based on the idea

1 unix account = 1 account.

You just create a new group for the guy and change the gid in /etc/passwd for all his accounts. Then chgrp everything to the new group. He should be able to edit anyfiles in the 3 accounts from all 3 logins.