The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion back to UW-IMAP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bdzzld, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

Hi,

Because of a Security warning I've converted all servers from UW-IMAP to Courier/MailDir, but I'm not happy with the fact that my customers are no longer able to use NeoMail. Besides that, I've been pretty comfortable with UW-IMAP for years in a row and Courier/MailDir seems to use more resources...

Is there a conversion routine/script inside cPanel/WHM which converts Courier/MailDir mailboxes - particularly without errors - back to UW-IMAP?

Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the only way to return to the mbox format is to perform the restore option, but that does include restoring the old mbox files and their content.

It's somewhat moot, though. cPanel have said that Neomail will be phased out shortly anyway and that support for mbox may be removed too.

3. ntwaddel

ntwaddel Well-Known Member

switch back to an inferior mailbox storage method and imap/pop daemon just for a webmail client? :P

4. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

...Besides that, I've been pretty comfortable with UW-IMAP for years in a row and Courier/MailDir seems to use more resources... ;)