The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert add-on domain to full account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by desario, Apr 7, 2003.

1. desario

desario Member

I have a client with an account that has an add-on domain attached to it which has email addresses, and a MySQL database. Now, they would like to have a full-fledged account for this domain which will require recreating the email accounts, database and files in the /home/account/public_html/addondomain/ directory.

Are there tools to do this?

If there are not, does anyone have any suggestions on making this transition as seemless as possible?

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is your basic SysAdmin work in action. ;)

As you cannot create an account with the same 'add-on' domain, you will have to copy all current files/dir for that account to temp location. Then remove the 'add-on' domain account and do a search to make sure everything was done. You can use the locations of where you copied the files from to verify.

Then create the account and a mySQL db -- with the same ID / PW. Copy all files to proper directories and your done. Shouldn't take more than a half-hour.

Depending upon whether a Shared or Dedicated IP address is used, there could be downtime due to propagation. Client should also be notified of any downtime and why.

Or, you can always wait and see if someone posts alternatives. As I'm not familiar with 'everything' WHM can do, the above method is just how I would do it.