Convert addon domain to account fails

gas75

Aug 20, 2019
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,
I'm trying to convert an addon domain to a regular account and I get the message "Invalid configuration for the parameter “domain”: The addon domain “****.tld” has an IPv6 address assigned."
Regarding the DNS records of this domain, there are no IPv6 records (they were, but I removed them just in case). Any ideas? Am I missing something? Is there another way to achieve this conversion?

Thank you in advance

dani.geamanu

Registered
Mar 7, 2022
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you for the tip with disabling the assigned IPv6 address.
Anyway, can someone provide some more information about why it's this happening and how to avoid it without disabling the address? It's a WHM built-in feature, so it should work with IPv6 too.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unfortunately there isn't another way around that at this time. Our documentation does have a note saying the IPv6 address needs to be disabled before the conversion process takes place:

"If an account possesses an assigned IPv6 address, the addon domain conversion process will fail. You must disable IPv6 on the origin account before you convert an addon domain."

dani.geamanu

Registered
Mar 7, 2022
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unfortunately there isn't another way around that at this time. Our documentation does have a note saying the IPv6 address needs to be disabled before the conversion process takes place:

"If an account possesses an assigned IPv6 address, the addon domain conversion process will fail. You must disable IPv6 on the origin account before you convert an addon domain."
Thank you for the clarifications.

Reactions: cPRex