Barbara

Registered
Jul 17, 2018
Brasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!
you can help me!
Is possible Convert an cPanel Account to Addon Domain?
I Have Cpanel account with domain "Dominio1.com"

And need that Dominio1.com is a addon domain in main domain.

Have the solution for convert and migrate?

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Barbara,

We currently only provide a method of doing this in-reverse (converting an addon domain name to an account) using the following feature:

Convert Addon Domain to Account - Version 72 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the following feature request if you'd like to see support for this functionality added in the future:

https://features.cpanel.net/topic/convert-cpanel-account-to-addon-domain

In the meantime, while unsupported, here's a general overview of how you'd do this.

1. Create a backup for the existing cPanel account.
2. Modify the primary domain name associated with the account from "dominio1.com" to something else using WHM >> Modify an Account.
3. Add "dominio1.com" as an addon domain name using cPanel >> Addon Domains.

Thank you.

madhitz

Registered
Oct 30, 2003
I'm wondering - how is this a valid answer or overview to the problem above? For instance, in those 3 generic steps noted, how would mail, web, DB, and all the other content associated with the existing primary domain/account, transfer over to the new account once it's an add-on domain? I cannot see a way - hopefully I'm missing something obvious that should be step 4.

This is especially urgent for many given the imminent pricing increases around licensing. The need for administrators/owners to aggregate accounts down to fit the new licensing - Removed - ...I mean, scheme...puts great emphasis on the originally requested feature. Basically seems like a *must have* at this point for your dedicated clients.

This whole dialogue feels especially kick-in-the-teeth'ish given the feature was requested years ago in various ways, and is still not available. This is even more hurtful to long standing and committed customers of cPanel (going on 17+ years for myself, hell I've been registered for this forum for 16 already!). It appears to have no urgency from a company about to charge me 300% more per-month for licensing (in fact, we'll pay almost 200% more for licensing/year than we do dedicated hosting after this change). If ever there was a reason to leave this platform, that must be one?!

With bated breath, I await your canned and sanitized response.

Hello @Barbara,

In the meantime, while unsupported, here's a general overview of how you'd do this.

1. Create a backup for the existing cPanel account.
2. Modify the primary domain name associated with the account from "dominio1.com" to something else using WHM >> Modify an Account.
3. Add "dominio1.com" as an addon domain name using cPanel >> Addon Domains.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @madhitz,

The following resource is more applicable to what you're looking for:

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

madhitz

Registered
Oct 30, 2003
Thank you. Any chance this is going to go automatic soon? We have dozens of accounts to perform this on.

Hello @madhitz,

The following resource is more applicable to what you're looking for:

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.