The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert standard Dovecot to cPanel Dovecot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nfs, Nov 13, 2009.

1. nfs

nfs Registered

We have a server in which an admin setup a standard install of Dovecot with a large number of standard unix accounts. I need to transfer the domains and mail to a cPanel server running Dovecot.

How can you convert pre-existing Dovecot accounts to cPanel accounts or is there a way to script the mail conversion process to work with cPanel's format?

The current server uses /home/user/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index instead of the cPanel format and thats what I need to figure out how to convert.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know of any automated solution out there, the migration scripts cPanel has are not for something like that.

3. nfs

nfs Registered

What method do you think would be the best to handle this migration. I know it's going to be a manual migration, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Any recommendations?

4. xerophyte

xerophyte Well-Known Member

I think you have to write perl(any other) script to migrate the account over to the cpanel server