The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting mail from old server to new cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by draconyz, Nov 8, 2006.

1. draconyz

draconyz Registered

I had a very bad hack issue with a previous server on Plesk using qmail. :eek: I am now on a cPanel server with exim...

How do I move old email information from the old server (I have the physical hd with access via ssh) to the new harddrive so I can access old email. I have a "lovely" client who used webmail exclusivly and "desperately" needs to get her old email since they are very important.

Any directions or guides to where I can look for the information or get some help doing this would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks!
    ~Z~

2. matthewchan

matthewchan Member

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You can transfer/move/import email messages, manually, from Qmail to Exim. There is no tool to merge messages from Qmail to Exim. Hope this helps!

4. draconyz

draconyz Registered

Oh Thanks!

Oh Thank you thank you thank you....

In fact this worked really well. The only problem I found (any help out there?) was the fact that within an IMAP environment I still cannot get access to the IMAP subfolders. Inbox works perfect, the old emails are right there and I can open and access.

I refreshed the folder list, syncronized in outlook and I went up on webmail as well as a few other mail programs. All IMAP based. I might have missed something... got ideas?

You guys rock for the help so far, thank you!
    ~Z~