The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cookie IP validation - AOL user

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by logart, Feb 16, 2011.

1. logart

logart Member

Hello,

I had an AOL user of mine complain that he was getting an error message of "ip address changed" when trying to login to the webmail.hisdomain.com page.

I changed the Cookie IP Validation setting from Strict to Loose thinking it would help. He was still unable to login due to the same ip address changed issue. When I turned it to "disable" he was able to login. How can I fix this so that I don't have to run without IP validation while at the same time allow AOL clients to login?

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't believe this will work for those users simply due to the fact that their IP is going to keep changing due to AOL being dynamic for the IPs they provide.

As one possible option, you might tell these users to use a proxy such as kproxy.com which allows https connections and the IP should remain the same throughout the connection I believe.

3. logart

logart Member

I guess I was under the assumption that Loose would allow for a portion of the network to be different. His IP addresses are only different by the last number in his IP address. ex. 100.100.100.100 and 100.100.100.101. The loose doesn't seem to be working.