The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coppermine broken after upcp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tgibobby, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. tgibobby

    tgibobby Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2004
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Hi All,

    I just updated cpanel by running upcp after changing the version to CURRENT.. to get boxtrapper working again. But it seems like once this was done, the Coppermine Galleries installed on the server stopped working and throws mysql error.

    Please help.. I have changed the version back to RELEASE now. But the pages show "There was an error while processing a database query"


    When I try to repair the database it gives this error:
    error : Can't open file: 'cpg_pictures.MYI'. (errno: 138)

    This is server wide. Please help!
     
  2. eos1

    eos1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2003
    Messages:
    175
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
  3. challii

    challii Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    98
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Did you try repairing the table?
     
  4. cPanelNick

    cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    3,426
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

    Have you checked /var/lib/mysql/*.err ?

    try

    chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

    Just in case
     
  5. NetPublicist

    NetPublicist Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2003
    Messages:
    54
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I started getting the same error message when a new hosting customer of mine installed Coppermine:

    "There was an error while processing a database query"

    After troubleshooting this issue for the hosting customer I found that when they put a "!" in their password that the installation didn't set up any tables in the database and they got the error, as long as they don't use the "!" in the password they installation works just fine.

    I haven't tested this with any other special characters in the password, but know that the "!" in the password prevents cPanel from installing Coppermine.
     
Loading...

Share This Page