The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy account from another server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by correctsearch, Oct 20, 2004.

1. correctsearch

correctsearch Active Member

I am trying to copy all the acount from another server to my dedicated server. I only have his WHM userid and password. I do not know the root password.
    I want to create a resller account for him and copy all his account under his reseller account on my server.

I have tried to do it from my root WHM but it gives me the error message incorrect password.

Could you please guide me? Or can I create his account and FTP all his files but how would I copy his email accounts and email messages?

2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Dear,

If you don't have the root password, then just create an account and FTP all his files. Without root password you can't copy files using WHM. There is no permission for reseller to copy files from WHM. All the mails would be their in the corresponding domains home directory.

Regards, :)

#2 BrightAdmin, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Do an manual backup and then transfer that file. That will have all the email, etc. If you have root access in the new server, if you rename that file and place it in the backup location and you can actually have WHM create the account using all the data stored in the file and the account on the new server.

4. correctsearch

correctsearch Active Member

Could you please giude me through the steps of backing up data in old server and load this backup file on the new server.

I am planning to create a reseller account and assign an IP then transfer all their existing site (using backup) to this new server.

Can I do this using web interface (WHM) or do I need to run scripts to create backup and load backup on the new server using command line?

How can I create all these account under his ip address when I use backup file. I have tried to transfer a domain using WHM with userid and password. It has created a new reseller account under my main IP address.

I would like to transfer his domains under his reseller account and IP address.