The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy account from other server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by agent86, Dec 22, 2005.

1. agent86

agent86 Registered

I am moving hosting accounts from one cpanel server to another. I used copy account and it worked fine. I have two domains moved. I accidently deleted one. I tried copy again and I get this message.

Account **** already exists on this server.. I have left the name out on purpose ****

It shows up no where on the server at all from whm.

I can still browse the site and if I ping it shows on the new server ip so I am wondering why the new server still has the site after deletion. Cpanel on the site does not work either which would be expected.

I need to recover the hosted account on the new server or delete it so I can copy it in again.

Thanks

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Go to /home of the new server and check there,WHM has created a backup file of the account being transferred.Delete that backup file and transfer the account again.

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

How did you delete the account? If it pings on the new server IP, it seems that the accounts are not properly terminated. If you check for the zone file entries for that domain in and remove it if it exists. Also if you are still having problems, then check for the entries in /etc/passwd file too.

4. agent86

agent86 Registered

I ended up getting someone else to login and fix it. I am not sure what they did but it worked fine after that. I was told I deleted it using the wrong method. Thanks for the feedback everyone.