The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy account from server failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eger, Mar 11, 2006.

1. eger

eger Well-Known Member

I am trying to copy a very large account from one server to another using the Copy from another server script in WHM. I takes an incredibly long time top package and compress and before it finishes I get this error (passwords removed):

Code:
    Timeout ...
    (internal death) Sat Mar 11 12:54:38 2006 [5828] error: Died at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 5310,  line 1387.
    	main::__ANON__('ALRM') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 5321
    	eval {...} called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 5306
    	main::sshsession('Packaging the account', 'XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX', '/scripts/pkgacct vietnam ~saving --split', 0, '/scripts/sshcontrol', '--ctl', 'ssh', '--user', ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 19858
    	main::remoteexec('txt', 'Packaging the account', 'password', 'XXXXXXXX', 'supass', 'XXXXXXXXX', 'user', 'saving', ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 3700
    	main::copyacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 481
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]Packaging the account...
    Is there a way to package and move accounts from shell using the same script? Any way I can increase the timeout that looks to be happening?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Anything over 250 MB is probably going to have problems. (in my experience)
    If you can do a regular backup from within cPanel of that account and it goes well, you could grab it and move it to the new server via SSH. Drop it into the backups dir or even home and then use the restore tool in WHM. (may work) :p

3. platinum

platinum Active Member

I had to do this from a server where I had no SSH access, and it would fail doing it the 'normal' way.

My method, was just to use lynx from the command line and login via cpanel on the remote host, and download a full home dir backup directly through there.

Once you have done that, delete the large files from the remote server and try to transfer the account again, once it is successful, just extract out the .tar.gz backup (tar -zxvf backupname.tar.gz) and you're away...