The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy account probs (latest stable build)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martin, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Martin

Martin Member

Dec 22, 2001
    OK, the new account copy script is better, specifically being able to handle usernames with "-" in them; however there still seems to be an issue with handling accounts starting with numbers. In addition, the account I want to move is a reseller and therefore I can't change the username!

I realise I could make a new account with a fake domain and move all resold domains to that, then change the username of the reseller then move all the sub-accounts back. But as far as I am aware that would take a while (a quick shell script may make it quicker, but is risky).

Is it possible to simply append the username begging with a numerical with an a then truncate the last character if the domain is already 8 characters? Or even take the last character (assuming it is alphabetical) and put it as the first character?

Alternatively, is there a quick way to get round the "Can't change username on reseller" prob?