The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy account with account password failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zion Ahead, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Zion Ahead

Zion Ahead Well-Known Member

trying to copy over an account (shared, not reseller nor root) from another cpanel server using whm's 'copy account with account password' (my only option) and it fails if I input the IP of the old server or the domain (which is still pointing to the old serer)

............... ...............

Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction

This is several GB in size and no shell access. FTP to local and back to my server is not optional either.

Any suggestions?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Do you get any status messages prior to that? Such as conformation that its packaging the account and getting ready for transfer?

If its large and on shared hosting as you say, the server may be backing out of the packing process due to loading, just a thought.

Can you actually create a backup in their cpanel? I doubt you could if the loading is the issue, but if you can, you could always log into the cpanel via shell (lynx) on your server and try grabbing the backup that way.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I recall correctly, this requires FTP access. Thus, if you cannot FTP to the server that has the account, this transfer will fail.