Copy an account from another server taking too long

cPanel & WHM Version
latest

howardfmcw

Dec 26, 2019
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, i am copying one of my client's account from his old cpanel server, i have his cpanel login only. when i am using this tool its taking 6 hours and still at 30% and downloading is 105% of a backup. can you please anyone guide me better and easy solution? its been 6 hours and still 30%.

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Log into the cPanel of the existing account and use the backup tool to create and download a backup then upload it to your server and restore it.

Reactions: howardfmcw

howardfmcw

Dec 26, 2019
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
okay and what about Pausing current transfer ongoing? i clicked on Pause but its also taking very long time, still it says Pausing . how to stop this?

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Downloading manually is also taking more than 6 hours. my internet connection is fast but still only 12GB data for 6 hours?
Your internet connection?
Better download it directly to your server.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
It sounds like there is throttling in place on the account you're attempting to download from - this would be something they'd have to manage with the provider. The only other solution would be to make the backup smaller, which in a lot of cases entails removing things like mail.

howardfmcw

Dec 26, 2019
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It sounds like there is throttling in place on the account you're attempting to download from - this would be something they'd have to manage with the provider. The only other solution would be to make the backup smaller, which in a lot of cases entails removing things like mail.
Thank you for answering. The problem was solved. i had to download manually and upload it.
and Backing Up from directly Cpanel to my server as an remote backup worked perfectly.

Reactions: cPanelLauren