The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy emails from another panel to cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by powvex, May 31, 2009.

1. powvex

powvex Active Member

We're moving some clients from hsphere to cpanel. In order to do that we have created all emailboxes, but dont have any idea how we can transfer all emails from there to cpanel.

is there anyway or any script (php preferred) to copy from one imap location to another?

any advise appreciated.

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Have you searched the forums yet? I remember there being several threads about this...

One method I recall finding on google used a script to basically act as an IMAP client to transfer the entire mail structure from one point to another... imapsync I think was the name...

3. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the old server running the same mail software? If yes it should be compatible, otherwise you may need some conversion software.

Try contacting cpanel directly, they offer help moving from non-cpanel servers.

4. powvex

powvex Active Member

thank you for your replies.

I've searched this forum, but didnt find anything useful, please provide me the link if you found something.

I should transfer from an account on hsphere, with more than 200 mail domains, and more than 30000 emails. I'm sure that i should use some scripts...

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

You're right... nothing really useful regarding imapsync at least...

imapsync | freshmeat.net

You could probably take that script and add a little bit of additional code to handle the large number of accounts you're talking about... loop through a list, etc.