The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy multiple accounts error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giest, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Giest

Giest Member

Hi,

I'm trying to move all account from one server to another using copy multiple/packages, and I got this information in packages table.

Code:
    Packages
    Copy	Package Name	Feature List
    	ls: 2: No such file or directory 	default
    	grep: 2: No such file or directory 	default

And I got this error in Restoring DNS Zones table.

Code:
    Restoring Dns Zones
    Bind reloading on blacklotus using rndc zone: [akixx.org]
    Changed all instances of [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] -> [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] in akixx.org.db
    Changed all instances of [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] -> [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx0] in akixx.org.db

above error message will not stop until I click skip button, and the account are partially failed to copy. The account are created dns record and httpd.conf config are ok but the data /home/user folder are empty only default folder created (public_html, public_ftp, tmp etc).

source server using FreeBSD 6.2 Release
    target server using FreeBSD 6.2 Stable

both server using WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-S19434

anyone know how to fix this problem?
    I'm trying to move more than 2000 account and its took more than 5 day to do that. And with these problem I'm not sure if the data are transferred correctly.

sorry for my bad english I'm indonesian,

regards

Dasep.

2. HelloAdam

HelloAdam Well-Known Member

Hey,

I suggest that you do not use that option for transfer accounts. It takes far longer to transfer.

The ideal solution would be to run /scripts/cpbackup and either create all accounts in a .tar.gz format. You should than bzip or .tar.gz all the accounts and scp them over to the new server.

Than login to WHM enable backups to a restore and point them to the .tar.gz files you moved over.

The method inside cPanel packups up accounts tranfsers than restores on the server. The method I posted above is much faster.

Here is a post I made about this some time ago,

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=60637

Thanks,
    Adam