Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

"Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages" not applying Dedicated IPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeDVB, Nov 19, 2010.

1. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

We used the copy multiple accounts tool to transfer around 1,000 accounts and even though the "Dedicated IP" box was checked for a couple hundred of the accounts and there were enough free IPs on the destination server - none of them got applied and as such no sites with SSL are working.

I'd open a ticket but I don't have time due to the time being spent fixing all of these sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MikeDVB

PartnerNOC

It seems it was only one out of 3 transfer processes that didn't do it, so nailing down the cause may be difficult.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeDVB

PartnerNOC

I figured out how to trigger the behavior.

If you go to the cPanel Basic Setup in WHM and change the primary shared IP while a transfer is in progress, *ALL* accounts transferred from that point forward will be placed onto the primary shared IP even if they had the dedicated IP box checked.

I've opened ticket ID 1036989 with a detailed description.

#3 MikeDVB, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  4. MikeDVB

PartnerNOC

A cPanel tech tested and verified the issue on their end - there is a dev ticket open and the issue should be fixed within about a week they told me.