The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying One CPanel Account to Another on Different Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashocka, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Ashocka

Ashocka Member

I believe there is a tool to do this easily, where the whole configuration/everything is copied, but I can't find it in the documentation. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Geoff

2. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

These options are under the "Transfers" section of the left menu in WHM. I believe there is a warning not to use that tool for sites over 250MB, so be careful.

David

3. Spykie

Spykie Member

There isn't any real warning....
    I was using the tool for my site +- 1500Mb Mysql and none of the tools worked. Then I tried the multiacount copy (it's only 1 site) and it worked after 2 attempts, lovely! :p

4. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

From the page in WHM:
    This is for the second option, transferring from one account to another with password (which I assumed was the requested function). If Ashocka has root access to both servers, then the first option should work and is much less "fragile".

David

5. jdstallings

jdstallings Well-Known Member

Moving accounts

If someone is moving from a reseller account to a dedicated server of their own, is there a way to move your accounts from the server you are a reseller to the new dedicated server you have root?

In otherwards, do I have to have admin/root access on both the from and to server or can it be done using the account name and password from the old server to the new server?

Thanks!

6. boyforeigner

boyforeigner Well-Known Member

prevent this type of copy

How can I prevent this type of copy on my server by others hosting company.

7. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is a way, but why would you want to? The username and password are required to transfer, and if they have that they could do pretty much anything with that account anyway.

David

8. boyforeigner

boyforeigner Well-Known Member

I just want to block other companies from getting my clients. Because they offer a cheap price and my clients go away. So blocking it will make more dificult to they to copy the accounts and it will retain my clients. Many others companies do it already.

9. jdstallings

jdstallings Well-Known Member

How sweet.... Then you client does a backup and restore without your help. You can not hold your clients for ransom. Some leave and others come. If you price it right you will not have the problem. If this happens to you a lot, maybe you need to lower your prices?