The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Core Files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adapter, May 12, 2008.

1. adapter

adapter Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi

i have a problem with a account that use 8Gb of space, checking it i have found a lot of files

core.00000x

if i delete it i will get new one, what's wrong? how can i fix this problem?

2. pjman

pjman Well-Known Member

Core dumps...

Core dumps are generated by apache when it fails. I usually find it happens to one of my scripts every once and while if a user or bot tries something that the script wasn't built for.

For example my search script does about one dump a week because a user will input a 10-12 word string and the script will get stuck and apache creates a dump. If you read through the dump in a text editor, you can usually get an idea of what went wrong and recode from there.

If it's a vendor purchased script, I'll usually contact them for support on it.

3. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well lately I've noticed they are almost always caused by PHP. The latest one was related to the latest version of Zend Optimizer and PHP 5.2.5. I'm not sure why but running 5.2.5 caused core dumps while 5.2.6 did not. There has also been instances of this happening in PHP4 with various zend optimizer versions.

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC