The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct way of creating a reseller with 3 IP's + NS records

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoftDux, May 30, 2006.

1. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

Can someone please outline the correct way of creating a reseller, assigning specific IP addresse to the reseller & setting NS records?

I took a normal account, upgraded it to one of my reseller packages (with unlimited domains + more space) and then made it a reseller in the Reseller Center - all done while logged into WHM as root. But When I try and assign the IP addresses to the reseller account, still in the reseller centre, it uses my shares IP addresses. My server has two odd IP addresses in the 204 range, and 8 IP's in the 65 range. My site is setup to use the first 204.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address. I want to assign some of the 65.xxx.xxx.xxx IP addresses for the ns1 & ns2 records, but WHM assigns the first two IP addresses, 204.xxx.xxx.xxx & 204.xxx.xxx.yyy.

What is the correct way of doing this?

2. mum

mum Member

The Outline For Reseller Creation :

1. Go to Change Sites IP address in WHM and assign the IP to the reseller domain.

2. From Reseller Center select account then Edit privileges , Change primary nameserver to ns1.<their domain>, and secondary nameserver to ns2.<their domain> and save.

3. From Reseller center select account then select IP delegation, check the IPs you want to assign to the reseller and make sure restrict ip option is checked and save.

4. Go to DNS Functions >> Edit a DNS Zone >> Select the reseller's domain name in WHM and do the following :
    a. In the first field next to IN SOA, change to ns1.domainname.com. (don't forget to put the period after the domain name, it is very important !)
    b. Change the first two entries for Record type “NS” from defaults to
    ns1.theirdomain.com. and ns2.theirdomain.com.
    c. At the bottom of the page "Add New Entries Below this Line"
    d. Add the name servers and their corresponding IPs . eg. ns1 in A (ip)
    e. Double-check and save your modifications

5. Go to Reseller Center and select account
    a. Select last icon “Shared/IPless Accounts”
    b. Select first reseller IP for the reseller’s shared accounts
    c. Save

3. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Aah,

I thought the "Assign IP Address buttons" didn't work properly. For some odd reason if I used those, it kept on creating accounts for ns1 & ns2 for the relevant domain, and then it's a pain to get everything to work properly...

Thanx for the help, it's working fine now :)