The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct Way to create account structures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thanatos1103, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Thanatos1103

Thanatos1103 Member

Hello,

I just got my new dedicated server with cPanel installed. But I have some experience with the reseller WHM and the cPnael. I have some questions regarding of how to create accounts structures.

I would like to use the Addon Domain feature, but I don't like the confusing file structure model. Lets say I own just 1 account. When that account is being created it is required to have a domain. So i'll have website1.com with that account. Then when I want to add more domains lets say website2.com and website3.com, I'll have to use the Addon Domain and then the sites will be inside the folder of website1.com, which makes the file structure a little bit messy. So my question is that... what is the best way that I should do with this in order to avoid this problem? I'll like the domains of 1 account to be in the same level of the file structure.

2. Thanatos1103

Thanatos1103 Member

Help anyone?

3. FrozenWire

FrozenWire Member

I believe addon domain is where you can park domains under a existing domain. If you say have website1.com and then have website2.com parked under it, website2.com will be a website1.com

4. Thanatos1103

Thanatos1103 Member

this is the question.. lets say i'd like to give 3 domains for a person and what should I do? should i create 3 seperate accounts or create 1 account with website1.com and add 2 addons there? or I should create a dummy accoutn with no website then add 3 addons there? Confusing? yes

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I dont know that you can do it any other way.. If you can I dont know where you would change anything for that to take affect.

6. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

oi.. 90 bucks... I think ill just create my own shell script to install all these things for users...

Sheldon