SOLVED Corrupt Cpanel Login screens

Amgeek

Nov 7, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Not sure this is the right discussion group for this questions so if there is a better fit please let me know.

I have a small VPS on which I have about a dozen small websites each with its own cpanel account. For the past several months 3 or 4 of them have been slow to load the cpanel login screen and display a corrupt/deformed cpanel login screens (see jpg attached) . The rest of the accounts are working as expectedCorrupt display-2.png

I can work around this by first accessing WHM and accessing the troublesome accounts from there.

My VPS provider has tried to help me but say they cant see any problems.

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Are the domains having this problem using CloudFlare? If so, you cannot access cPanel over domains using CloudFlare, you need to use a subdomain or your servers hostname to access cPanel, basically any URL that is NOT going through CloudFlare(grey cloud).

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Yeah so that domain is using CNAME based CloudFlare meaning only WWW is going through CloudFlare so instead of using:

[Removed]

use

https://[removed]:2083/

because [removed] doesn't go over CloudFlare, however www.[removed] does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amgeek

Nov 7, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
THANK YOU

That not only solved the issue logging into Cpanel but an issue I have been having accessing and manipulation the administrator section of the same sites.

Will pass this on to my VPS provider, TurnkeyInternet.

Going to do a little more study on if and how to use Cloudflare.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ed

Reactions: cPanelMichael