The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could not connect to cpsrvd socket: /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by burned4l, Sep 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. burned4l

burned4l Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I am on a shared hosted server, and I just started getting this error suddenly when I call proc_open("crontab -r", ...) trying to set a .txt file with cronjob informations.

Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request failed to fetch crontab: Could not connect to cpsrvd socket: /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock

-----

[2016-09-29 03:43:02 -0700] warn [jail_safe_crontab] Cpanel::AdminBin::_get_cpwrapd_connection could not connect to /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 41.
    Cpanel::Wrap::_get_cpwrapd_connection() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 60
    Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request("namespace", "Cpanel", "module", "cron", "function", "FETCH", "env", HASH(0x1edb640)) called at bin/jail_safe_crontab.pl line 231
    main::_get_crontab_text() called at bin/jail_safe_crontab.pl line 31

I've tried resolving it through the provider, but they are saying it is a developer issue. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to cpanel, and googling has not yielded results. Can someone give me some ideas how about going to debug this (if I even have access to these files on the server) or maybe know what is going on?

One note, the error is intermittent, and the call functions generally, but this just started happening once or twice within 24 similar repetitive calls at the top of the hour.

Thanks,

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've seen this happen on systems with missing cron packages. Could you reach out to your hosting provider for additional information? You can ask them to run the following command:

Code:
    rpm -qa|grep cron
    Here's an example of how the output should look:

Code:
    # rpm -qa|grep cron
    crontabs-1.11-6.20121102git.el7.noarch
    cronie-anacron-1.4.11-14.el7_2.1.x86_64
    cronie-1.4.11-14.el7_2.1.x86_64
    Thank you.