Could not connect to cpsrvd socket: /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock

burned4l

Registered
Sep 29, 2016
united states
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I am on a shared hosted server, and I just started getting this error suddenly when I call proc_open("crontab -r", ...) trying to set a .txt file with cronjob informations.

Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request failed to fetch crontab: Could not connect to cpsrvd socket: /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock

-----

[2016-09-29 03:43:02 -0700] warn [jail_safe_crontab] Cpanel::AdminBin::_get_cpwrapd_connection could not connect to /usr/local/cpanel/var/cpwrapd.sock at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 41.
Cpanel::Wrap::_get_cpwrapd_connection() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 60
Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request("namespace", "Cpanel", "module", "cron", "function", "FETCH", "env", HASH(0x1edb640)) called at bin/jail_safe_crontab.pl line 231
main::_get_crontab_text() called at bin/jail_safe_crontab.pl line 31

I've tried resolving it through the provider, but they are saying it is a developer issue. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to cpanel, and googling has not yielded results. Can someone give me some ideas how about going to debug this (if I even have access to these files on the server) or maybe know what is going on?

One note, the error is intermittent, and the call functions generally, but this just started happening once or twice within 24 similar repetitive calls at the top of the hour.

Thanks,

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I've seen this happen on systems with missing cron packages. Could you reach out to your hosting provider for additional information? You can ask them to run the following command:

Code:
rpm -qa|grep cron
Here's an example of how the output should look:

Code:
# rpm -qa|grep cron
crontabs-1.11-6.20121102git.el7.noarch
cronie-anacron-1.4.11-14.el7_2.1.x86_64
cronie-1.4.11-14.el7_2.1.x86_64
Thank you.