The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could not connect to MySQL with suPHP

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by dani88, Oct 1, 2016.

1. dani88

dani88 Registered

Hello,

I have the same issue too. I've tested a lot of things and finally founded out it's related to suphp handler. When I use cgi, I haven't any mysql connection error but once I change handler to suphp, many websites specially they're include Joomla are faced mysql connection errors are as bellows:

Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.
    Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: The MySQL adapter mysqli is not available

I've tested so many ways to change MySQL password/username/db/hostname but didn't effect to solve this issue. So I ask you please check in-dept if there a chance to solve this issue is?

Thanks.

2. ParsaSh

ParsaSh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have done all these steps already, But it's not working anymore. We have figured out that it's suPHP related issue. Especially in Joomla. Because after we activate suPHP, Following error will be received if "$dbtype" set to be "mysqli" in configuration.php :

Code:
    Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: The MySQL adapter mysqli is not available
    But after "$dbtype" set to be "mysql" in configuration.php, This error will happen:

Code:
    Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.
    So would you offer a solution to fix this issue with suPHP activated, please?

We are using easyapache 4 with PHP and mySQL 5.6 on this server.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator