The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could not retrieve the DNS zones.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mquintanilla, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mquintanilla

mquintanilla Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, i have trouble retrieving information of my dns zones, i have installed cpanel in win 2008 server and i have my dns servers in linux/debian i get thois erro could somebody give me a hint ?

error message in dns tool:
    Could not retrieve the DNS zones.
    Method 'GetAllDnsZoneNames' from contract 'IServerAdministratorService' failed.
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
    at
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at
    System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
    at
    System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
    at
    cPanel.Dns.Providers.MicrosoftDnsDataProvider.GetAllZoneNames(IPAddress serverIp)

and i cant add dns zones
    please help....

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to clarify, you've installed cPanel onto a Windows 2008 server? You don't mean Enkompass here but cPanel & WHM onto a Windows machine?

3. NetMantis

NetMantis BANNED

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am not surprised in cPanelTristan's question as I would ask you the very same questions!

Cpanel does not support Windows nor Debian for that matter!

The good people at Cpanel do make another product called Enkompass which is designed for Windows and could be considered Cpanel's sister application but it is definitely not Cpanel!

Also, Cpanel is designed to only work with the DNS servers which are setup internally in a Cpanel server itself or clustered with other Cpanel or Cpanel DNS Only based servers. It is not designed to work with any other outside 3rd party DNS servers and cannot cluster with non-Cpanel based DNS servers.

If you setup your own DNS server on a Debian system and trying to get it to work with a Cpanel machine, that would really be outside the scope of support because that is not something that would really be associated with any normal Cpanel system.

From the sound of things though, it sounds like you don't have any Cpanel servers -- wrong operating system on both machines!