Could someone post cpanel sshd_config?

khorinis

Aug 15, 2010
Hello,
could someone post a non modified current sshd_config file of cpanel? I have edited my file and haven't made a backup...
Thanks.

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

khorinis

Aug 15, 2010
Last edited:

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Does it would replace it with a standard file?

//Edit: Seems not to work.
Depends on how extensively you have tweaked sshd_config. It normally resets SSH port from any other to default 22.
If you have access to console, check /etc/ssh/ folder for a file named sshd_config.rpmnew or similar. This should be the default file. Copy it into sshd_config and you should be good to go after a service restart. If this doesn't work, you can re-install ssh via yum after renaming the current config file.

khorinis

Aug 15, 2010
SSH restarted now and i just needed to find out which line the missconfiguration was with "/etc/init.d/sshd restart" and then i fixed the wrong line: it's now running fine again. Thanks.

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
SSH restarted now and i just needed to find out which line the missconfiguration was with "/etc/init.d/sshd restart" and then i fixed the wrong line: it's now running fine again. Thanks.
Glad things are working now. Redundancy is the way to go when you are dealing with sensitive files. :)