could you help me with this error

percimon

Nov 27, 2019
colombia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have worpress installed on a cpanel of WHM vps server and I get the error "Installation failed: It was not possible to install the update because some files could not be copied. Normally this is due to inconsistent file permissions."

I think the problem lies in the WHM but the truth is I don't know where to find the root, this may have nothing to do with cpanel but if you give me a hand I will be very grateful.
I already gave the folders 777 permission but still it was not possible to solve the problem.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Standard permissions of folders - 755 and files -644 should be sufficient to install wordpress. It'd be difficult to go through all the file/folder permissions in the wordpress installation without access to the server. Your provider should be able to help you to ensure that these are correct though.

percimon

Nov 27, 2019
colombia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I already set the folders to 755 and files to 644 but it still doesn't work for me, talk to the service provider but they say they can't handle server jobs.

I also remember that I gave permission to some extensions of easyapache4 on the WHM server but I don't know if the problem may lie from there

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Handling permissions issue of this nature isn't necessarily something we're able to provide a lot of assistance with, it's not specific to cPanel but rather your configuration.

Furthermore in the case where you don't have root access to the server it's difficult to provide assistance in this respect as we're unable to access the server to view the configuration.

Does your provider give you access to cPanel>>Applications>>Wordpress Manager?

Furthermore, If your provider isn't able to help you, I'd suggest enlisting the assistance of a developer or system administrator to provide further assistance. You might find someone here if you don't have anyone: System Administration Services

percimon

Nov 27, 2019
colombia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
If I have full access to the server. Could it be that they can help me with a guide or by entering?
Please, it would be very useful, thanks in advance.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Could it be that they can help me with a guide or by entering?
Yes, they could if you had root access to the server. A developer should also be able to assist you in the event you don't as well.